Friday, February 18, 2022

What's on Your Nightstand?

Not my nightstand, but this is a fun old clock!
A variety of things can typically be found on nightstands. From reading material to a box of tissues, a lamp, decor, tchotchkes, an alarm clock or clock, or maybe a bluetooth speaker. On your nightstand is there something you just can't go without?

I have a wall clock (it needs to be big enough I can see it without my glasses!), a jewelry dish (for cough drops and in case I forget to take off my rings before climbing into bed), a charging cord for my phone, and a small collection of lotions and pillow/room sprays. I don't have books. I know, it seems wrong. I have a lot--probably a more appropiate word for it is plethora--of books, just none of them on my nightstand.

What does that have to do with anything? Well, I've been thinking about starting a monthly post about what I'm reading or planning to read. This year I set a goal to read one non-fiction and two fiction books every month. Now for you readers, I'm sure that's laughable and I really want to do more than that but starting small is better than getting overwhelmed.

For February I have been wanting to read Atomic Habits by James Clear. I've got ten days left. Yikes! How about some fiction? I'm thinking Disguised by Roxanne McNeil and Not Happy Campers by Ash Keller. If all goes well, I'll have a new March list and three reviews coming up. 

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Book Sale!

Need some sweet romance to sigh your way through the holidays? Here you go: Merry Christmas and happy wishes for however you celebrate!