Saturday, January 8, 2022

Finding Gratitude

I had a lovely massage this morning. It is one of the few things I do to treat myself but it's definitely something I look forward to. The gal I used to see left for bigger and better things and I really liked her, so I was more than a little sad about the whole thing. Perhaps my bar is really high, but I have had trouble finding a massage therapist that was a good fit. Fast forward, I've been going to Holly for about three months and she is amazing. She is a very intuitive therapist and I love her vibe.

We chatted for a bit about how important it is to look for the "silver lining," being grateful in all things. I think "reframing" is the current buzzword. It reminded me of something I first heard when Scott and I were a young married couple. It went something along the lines of 'I'm grateful for my husband's snoring, it means he is there beside me.' Now, I know there are different levels of snoring and that snoring can indicate health issues, but the thought behind it has really helped me reframe some of the little things. Don't get me wrong, there are still things I roll my eyes at or get frustrated by, but I've also learned to be able to laugh about them and to take the emotion out when it's an issue I want to talk about. It's taken a lot of years and a lot of practice but I am grateful for Scott's patience as I learn. Is there something you could reframe to find the gratitude? Here's to a grateful 2022! Sending positive energy to all my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Book Sale!

Need some sweet romance to sigh your way through the holidays? Here you go: Merry Christmas and happy wishes for however you celebrate!