Friday, February 25, 2022

Closets

Not my closet but I love the organization.
I have been saving up litte bits here and there and finally splurged on getting two closets in my house redone. They look amazing! It was a process though. All the contents of the closet had to come out and one closet was a little like the junk drawer in the kitchen--a spot where a lot of things got put because ... The old shelves had to be torn out, new shelves cut and put in, custom drawers built, new closet doors, and paint. I should have taken a before and after, but I never remember until 'after'.

It's a bit like writing. You finish that first draft and then you have to tear it apart, take things out, put new things in, and give it a 'good coat of paint'. It's a process! And it's a lot of work. Painstaking labor and a team of people to help you get it to where you want to show it off to your friends. Or at least your mom, haha.

I browsed Pinterest and local ads for ideas then sketched it out on graph paper for the guy I hired to build it. It was such a fun project. 

Now I have to go through the bins and boxes and organize and put them away. Hoping to get rid of some of it. I'm sentimental, it's hard for me to actually do the purging. I've read and started Marie Kondo's process. It's helpful but overwhelms me. Margareta Mangusson has a book The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning. It sounds morbid, but I love the concept of cleaning up your own things before someone else is burdened
with it. 

Do you have a trick for purging your belongings? I would love to hear what works for you. 

And if you live in the Northern Utah area, you can hire the amazing Leah Nielsen of Northern Utah Professional Organizing to help you!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Book Sale!

Need some sweet romance to sigh your way through the holidays? Here you go: Merry Christmas and happy wishes for however you celebrate!