Tuesday, June 8, 2021

I Hated You First by Rachel John

 

I've dived into summer reading a little more enthusiastically than usual. I have started and not finished a few, but here are a couple I've really enjoyed:


I Hated You First by Rachel John

Back Cover:

Clay… My best friend has held a grudge against his half-sister, Lauren, forever. It’s unjustified and ridiculous, but I have to take his side. Also ridiculous? How bad I have it for her. My Lauren radar goes off the second she steps in the building. Did I mention we work together and her dad’s the boss? Yeah, she’s so off-limits I might as well start running now and never come back. Except, her family is like family to me. So, I’ll do whatever it takes to stick around, even if she hates my guts.

Lauren… I date guys nothing like Clay on purpose. I will not let my old crush on him get the best of me. It’s going on the list of things I’ve outgrown and will deny ever having, like the Justin Bieber poster I used to keep on the back of my door. It doesn’t matter that I’ve caught Clay looking at me like he’s a jewel thief and I’m a precious gem encased in glass. He’d never choose me over my brother, or his job, or his enjoyment in teasing me. Avoiding Clay is easy, until the day I realize my dad’s asked for Clay’s help in checking up on my dates. No stinking way.
 

My Goodreads/Amazon review:

Seriously fun book. Quick, easy read. Loved the characters and their growth. Recommend and would read again.

*I received a reader copy. My review opinions are my own.




Second First Kiss by Jennifer Griffith

Back Cover:

A torching kiss on a long-ago high school dare just might flare up again.


Back in high school, Jasher Hotchkiss and Sage Everton shared one perfect kiss at a kissing booth. 

Now, they've both returned to their hometown of Mendon. Bachelor Jasher is there against his will as the reluctant new general surgeon. Widowed Sage is the hospital’s underappreciated nurse anesthetist. 

They see each other daily.

Neither has forgotten that mind-blowing kiss.

However, if Jasher is universally loathed by the town's citizens and Sage carries a potentially lethal dating curse, is there any chance at a second first kiss?

My Goodreads/Amazon review: I love books by Griffith. Fun, fluffy, and easy to read. This one was no different. Lots of swooney smooching and I liked the resolutions at the end. Recommend and would read again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Book Sale!

Need some sweet romance to sigh your way through the holidays? Here you go: Merry Christmas and happy wishes for however you celebrate!