Monday, May 4, 2015

A Favorite Quote

One of my favorite quotes goes like this:

"If you do not pay the price needed for success, you will pay the price of failure."
          --James E. Faust

How important is your goal to you? Are you paying the price needed to succeed? I currently am at the pennies-in-a-jar stage of trying to reach my writing goal. This quote reminds me that I cannot slack off, I cannot give up, I cannot leave it to someone else to write my stories. They are mine, even if the ideas are old and worn, the stories are uniquely my own. It's a beautiful thing. Pay up my friends and, as always, Write On. The world needs good books.

2 comments:

  1. Love this quote. It's so true. John Bytheway said something like this to a bunch of kids. I constantly remind my kids. "Do what you have to do now so that you can do what you want later." What my kids here: Do you homework and get good grades now so you can get the job you want and will enjoy later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ripley, it's so true! There is a swim team shirt quote (sorry, I don't know who said it and I didn't write the team name down with it either) that is similar: "Do today what others don't, So you can do tomorrow what others can't."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Book Sale!

Need some sweet romance to sigh your way through the holidays? Here you go: Merry Christmas and happy wishes for however you celebrate!